If I’m A Longshoreman Or A Dockworker And Get Injured At Work Is This Covered Under The Jones Act?

Probably not.  If you are truly a Longshoreman or Dockworker and not a Jones Act Seaman, the Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation Act (LHWCA) would likely apply to your case.  

But, deciding whether you could qualify as a Jones Act Seaman is critical to understanding your rights moving forward.  The Jones Act provides many rights that the LHWCA does not. 

Have You Been Injured On Your Louisiana Maritime Job?

If you've been injured at your maritime job or at sea, you need to speak with an experienced Jones Act attorney as soon as possible. Please contact me online or call my Covington office directly at 985.590.6182 to schedule your free consultation today. I help clients throughout Louisiana including Mandeville, Slidell, Bogalusa, Franklinton, Hammond, New Orleans and Metairie.

Grady Flattmann
Connect with me
Local Covington, Louisiana attorney focusing 100% on personal injury matters.