Due to their size and weight, big truck accidents can result in catastrophic injuries, including death and life-threatening injuries. When a car is in an accident with a Big Rig, the Big Rig usually wins.
At our law firm, we have helped clients who have lost loved ones and those who were seriously injured in big truck accidents, including:
- Delivery Vans
- Utility Trucks
- Garbage Trucks
- Other Large Vehicles
We have even represented clients in big truck versus big truck accidents.
The Complexity of Big Truck AccidentsBig Truck accident cases are often more complex than car wreck cases for many reasons.
First, the driver of the big truck may not be its owner. For instance, in some instances, 18-wheelers transporting goods and merchandise are owned by a large company, but driven by an independent contractor. In those cases, establishing the true owner and their insurance company is an important step in protecting our clients’ claims.
Second, establishing the correct the insurance company for the big truck is sometimes a difficult process. Unlike regular cars and trucks, most big trucks are insured with commercial insurance companies. Some are even insured through insurance markets where members of the markets (also known as syndicates) actually insure the big truck.
Third, big trucks are subject to different rules and regulations ranging from the number of hours the driver can drive in a day, the weight of the freight being carried, and the data the truck driver must maintain. All of this could be important evidence for your case.
The Importance of Having An Experienced Big Truck Attorney
Having an experienced Big Truck Accident attorney on your side is extremely important for a variety of reasons. When we are hired for a Big Truck Accident we:
• Immediately investigate the Big Truck Accident, obtain the police report, photographs, and any other evidence collected at the scene.
• Immediately investigate the owner of the Big Truck and send notice to the responsible party that they should preserve evidence, including “black-box” data.
• Engage the assistance of an accident reconstruction expert, if necessary, to determine exactly how the accident occurred.
• Make sure our client is getting the medical treatment they require.
• Make sure the insurance company is aware of the extent of our client’s injuries and damages.
Have You Been Injured In A Covington Area Truck Accident?
If you'be been hurt in a semi-truck or large vehicle accident you need to speak with an experienced truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact me online or call my Covington office directly at 985.590.6182 to schedule your free consultation today. I help clients throughout Louisiana including Mandeville, Slidell, Bogalusa, Franklinton,Hammond, New Orleans and Metairie.