According to the National Safety Council, an estimated 619 people may die on U.S. roads on Independence Day 2023! As you might suspect, alcohol-impaired fatalities represent about a third of those accidents.
So, what can you do to help avoid becoming a Fourth of July statistic? Here are a few tips:
- Have a plan for a designated driver, BEFORE heading out: If you think you will be drinking at a Fourth of July party, have a plan ahead of time for who will be driving on the way back. Remember, “friends don’t let friends drive drunk!”
- Buckle up: Seat belts save lives! Even if you or your kids are still wet from the fun pool party, make sure to buckle up before heading home.
- Avoid distractions: Wait until you get home to share those pics on Instagram or Facebook! Your job is to get home safely.
- Practice defensive driving: If there were ever a day to anticipate bad drivers on the road, today is that day! Anticipate drivers running red lights in front of you, swerving into your lane, passing on 2-lane highways, etc.
- Take your time: Give yourself plenty of time to get to and from the party. Don’t be in a rush, no matter what! Avoid speeding, which can exponentially increase the risk of serious injury or death as a result of an accident.
At Flattmann Law, we love our holidays as much as anybody! Let’s take these precautions and help eliminate Fourth of July traffic accidents.
Have You Been Injuried As A Result Of A Fourth Of July Car Wreck?
If you have been injured as a result of a Fourth of July accident and are searching for a personal injury lawyer to handle your car wreck claim contact us online or call our Covington office directly at 985.590.6182 to schedule your free consultation today. Flattmann Law serves clients on the Northshore, including Covington, Mandeville, Abita Springs, Bogalusa, Franklinton, Folsom, Madisonville, Goodbee, Hammond, Lacombe, Pearl River, and Slidell.